Residents moving in or moving out of Cascade Village must book their move as per Section 7 of the NW 2153 Strata Bylaws on moving. This ensures common area assets are not damaged and residents are not inconvenienced in buildings with only one elevator. Any damage to buildings, elevators or common property is billed back to the unit owner. Violations of the bylaw are subject to a $100.00 fine to the strata lot owner's accounts.
- Moves must not start before 8:00 AM or continue beyond 10:00 PM.
- A damage deposit of $50.00 is required for moves in or out of buildings without elevators.
- A damage deposit of $100.00 is required for moves in or out of buildings with elevators.
- Damage deposits are refundable if no damage is found.
Moves must be booked in advanced
- Any move in or out of a strata lot that requires access through a common property area such as elevators, stairwells, hallways, etc., must be booked in advanced by contacting the property manager or the Cascade Village operations manager no less than seven (7) days in advance of the move.
- Any variance to the move bylaw must be approved by the property manager or strata council in advance of the move.
During the move
- Residents must use elevator protection pads for all moves where the elevators are required. Residents must obtain the protection pads from the operations.
Updating the strata corporation
- Within two weeks of becoming a strata lot owner, an owner must contact the property manager and provide their name, strata lot number, phone number and, if applicable, mailing address outside the strata plan.
- If the strata lot owner does not intend to personally occupy their property on a permanent, full time basis, the owner must advise the strata corporation by contacting the property manager of their intended schedule of occupation.